Assaro's Garage LLC
. Was founded in 1965 by Lou Assaro in Warwood, a northern suburb of
Wheeling, WV. The business began as a Gulf station, offering light duty repairs and road service. Soon
afterward in 1968 towing was added, using a 1950 Dodge truck with a home made unit (see photo).
A second, light duty wrecker, was purchased in 1973. A salvage yard at a separate facility on Glenn's
Run Road was added in 1982. The company has since grown to a 7 bay repair facility handling all
types of repair as well as servicing several fleet accounts, 2 wreckers, 2 flatbeds, a service truck, a
John Deere 440 loader and various trailers. Both of Lou's Sons grew up working at the family business.
"Little Lou" moved on to the military in the early 1980's and is presently with the department of
Homeland Security. Tony, the youngest, has been working full time since graduating from school in
1983 and manages the daily operations.
Want more info? Call Assaro's Garage at 304.277.2022